Dear Voters & Blog followers ...
Introducing the new "Queen" of the household ~ Miss Daisy. She has been officially Tannie Man "approved" & has already endeared her sweet self to us, all!
Day 2, her first photo taken from the sanctuary of her own room ...
Day 3, her first nap outside of her room ...
Today, day 6 in the "pink" room, after a breathless romp with THAT Little Bunny ...
Her official portrait "Queen Daisy" ...
Fast Facts about Queen Daisy:
1. She is 8 months old
2. She was adopted from the SPCA
3. My Brother saw her at a PetCo & took me to meet her
4. My Mother named her
5. Blackie was the first to touch her nose - It got in HIS way while he was trying to eat her food.
6. Tannie was the second to touch her nose with his nose - He is such a sweetie!
7. Simba spent 5 days in the top of a cat tree as an observer - She did go out for food & litter box duty!
8. THAT Little Bunny was NOT happy about Daisy. Nope, not at all ...
9. Today, THAT Little Bunny gave in to Daisy & decided she was OK
10. THANK GOODNESS!
As a new cat-mom, I have been sleep deprived & thought at moments "WHAT WAS I THINKING!" But then last night I allowed Daisy to sleep on the big bed with Tannie, Blackie & I. Little Bunny & Miss Simba went back to their normal modes of operation & slept in their favorite spots - ALL NIGHT LONG! We all slept through the night. Heaven!
Few more things ...
I have had to rip out a portion of my kitchen floorboard to allow Daisy to wiggle out of the cabinet space that she managed to squeeze into. Seriously ... She is like a tiny little mouse. I could not believe it. Panic ensued & after I tore the kitchen apart, she just walked out looking at me like, "What took you so long?"
During a tense play session with THAT Little Bunny, Daisy walked over to the bath mat Little Bunny was doing the Hidey in & just sprawled out on the mat ~ She proceeded to do a big cat bath. All I could think was how will I explain my visit to the ER after I broke up the fight. BUT, Little Bunny looked at me in disbelief. No growling or hissing ... I think at that moment LB thought, "OK. She wins!"
When Daisy gets really frustrated she grumbles & talks to herself. Usually this involves trying to get up on things or wanting back into the bowels of the kitchen cabinets - Which I have boarded up!!
I am sure I will have more stories ... Until then, thanks for all the votes & advice!!!
We are all very happy to have Queen Daisy ~ Forever.
The Whippy Curly Tail's Mom