Friday, February 03, 2006

For Scooby, Shaggy & Scout ~ Tannie vs Miss S

I have made this kitty collage for Scooby, Shaggy & Scout. They wanted to know some tips to be able to tell Tannie Man and Miss S apart, since both gold kitties look so much alike!

Tannie Man has a darker gold fur coat and white paws. He also has lots of white around his mouth and on his chest. He is a fluffy kitty, unlike Miss S who is less fluffy.

Miss S is has a fur coat that is a lighter color gold than Tannie. She is a smaller kitty also. Her paws are not white like Tannie's.

I hope this picture helps you see their differences....please double click in the image to see it better!

BTW, I found Miss S in the same neighborhood that I found Tannie in...only 3 blocks away from each other and 3 years later. We think they are probably related!

Can you tell which kitty is which, in their pictures on the bottom as they eat together?

The Whippy Curly Tail's Mom!
=^..^=

7 comments:

Shaggy and Scout said...

WOW! Thanks for the Tutorial. When they are apart it is hard to tell from a picture. But looking at this I see that Tannie Man has a prominant "O" shaped marking on his head and Miss S has more of an "M" shaped marking. So if that is correct, then it's Tannie man on the left in all of the pictures. How did I do?

merlinprincesse said...

In fact, they are alike and very different! I find that Tannie really has a guy's look. Miss S is more feminine... Yes yes, I'm certain of that!

Victor Tabbycat said...

When humans finally upgrade the Internets to include scent, it will be obvious. For now... I squint and make pictures bigger and look to the captions.

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

What a wonderful collage you made! Mom loves it!

Anonymous said...

Love the collage. They really do look alike.. but now that their differences have been pointed out it is easy to distinguish the two. They are both lovely :-)

Gigolo Kitty said...

Possible siblings? My mother rescued a pregnant tabby once and her daughter completely resembled one of her unfixed tom cats so we had a good idea as to the parentage.

I am sorry to say that the tom was a very bad daddy and spent his time harrassing the kitten.

Joy Eliz said...

I love this post. It gave me an idea...
One of my kitties has what I call 'mad face' - usually when the dogs irritate him. I will have to try to get a picture of 'mad face' and 'sweet face' and post them side by side.